GUIDELINES FOR A GUEST POST
Congratulations, you have decided to write a guest post for ALWAYS WRITE, teaching new and hobby bloggers, writers, and photographers how to make their creations soar. Ready for takeoff? Let’s skyrocket your project!
What’s In Guest Posting for YOU?
- You get a backlink to your blog.
- You get exposure to new readers.
- You get added exposure through multiple postings in social media. My Twitter reach has been up to 125K, and my Facebook reach has been up as high as 10K.
- Establish yourself as an expert in your field.
What Kinds of Posts?
- Honest book reviews of excellent books that are 100% enjoyable.
- The story of why you blog, why you started, and how it’s changed.
- A topic of expertise that would interest hobby bloggers, writers, and photographers.
- This might include monetization, writing skills, social media marketing, reviews of resource books or materials, how you integrate blogging, writing, and photography.
- Other benefits that blogging, writing, and photography have brought you.
- Benefits might include friendships, free products to review, comped hotel stays, rental cars, entrance fees, business contacts and contracts, and best of all establishing your reputation as an expert.
- Write useful content. Always ask: ‘How can hobby bloggers, writers or photographers benefit from this?’
- Use personal examples and anecdotes, not those you’ve read to clarify your points.
- We prefer previously unpublished content.
- ALWAYS WRITE will post your article if you changed it 60% from your post.
- We may change or create graphics. We will correct minor errors, but writing should be close to error free.
- Do not pitch your blog or products. We will do that for you. ALWAYS WRITE is an Amazon affiliate blog. We may add links to direct readers to purchase products related to your post. For example the book you are reviewing.
- Protect yourself with a post that does not violate any copyright laws.
- If your post does not follow the guidelines, you may not receive a response from us.
How to contact ALWAYS WRITE
Please send an email to me: firstname.lastname@example.org Start the Subject line with GUEST POST (in ALL CAPS).
- Briefly, tell who you are, include credentials. You should have a track record for blogging, authoring or photography
- State the title of your proposed post.
- Outline the topic with bullet points.
- Include 3 or 4 links to other articles that supplement your points.
- Tell us how ALWAYS WRITE readers would benefit from your post.
- Add links to a couple of your best posts.
After we’ve accepted your proposal, create your post as a Google doc on Google Drive and share it with email@example.com. Please don’t be upset if we recommend some changes–we know you want your post to be successful.
Your post must:
- Have an engaging title. You can test it with headline analyzer.
- Have an interesting introduction that attracts the reader to want to read further. How will the article benefit the user?
- Use headings, subheadings containing your key words
- Use bold font or Click to Tweet for meaningful sentences that contain your key words.
- Use bulleted lists or short paragraphs, so it is easy to read.
- Be 800 – 2500 words long.
- Email 3-4 images or infographics to go with the post.
- As an option, include three or four informational links to add validity to your article.
- Relate the theme of this blog: new and hobby writers, bloggers and photographers.
- Include a conclusion.
- Have an author bio at the end (about 40 words). We will add links to your blog and a product of yours that is offered free to ALWAYS WRITE readers in this area only. Include contact links.
- Be unique for ALWAYS WRITE. We will contact you if we see something we want to repost on the blog.
- Carefully edit and proofread your post.
- If your post includes images, send them to us as attachments, indicating where in the text they should be located. Optimize them or let us know so we can reduce their size.
- Be ready to respond to comments.
- You may include no more than three links to other articles from your blog in your article posted on the ALWAYS WRITE website.
- Change the font or the font color, or use <span>, or <br> tags.
- Include affiliate links, like Amazon Affiliate.
Reminder: We retain the copyright of all material published on ALWAYS WRITE. A guest poster cannot republish their guest post elsewhere, even on their blog; it must remain unique to ALWAYS WRITE. You may publish a link to the article published on ALWAYS WRITE on your blog.
Thanks again for your interest in guest posting. We look forward to hearing from you soon!